Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Weird mood

I'm in a very strange head space this morning. The wheels in my brain are spinning all over the place. It's like the Tasmanian Devil is running around my head. But at the same time, I feel really tired and I don't really want to do anything. Then there's the sneaking suspicion that I'm going to be depressed, like crying and wanting to crawl back into bed, at any minute. I think I can resist that if I can just find something productive to do, but I can't seem to settle into anything. I've tried doing research, job hunting, chatting via AIM, eating...jeez, I can't even figure out what I want to snack on! I thought about writing and finishing the story I'm working on, but that's not coming to me the way I need it to; I thought about starting a new short piece - a world building piece for my novel, but I can't get a clear image to start with on that either.

I just don't know what to do with myself! And right now, this is about as much as I can get together in a coherent thought pattern.

Edit: Since this morning, I've attempted to bake a loaf of bread. Unfortunately, so I've just learned, bread doesn't rise well if it's too cold. And it's pretty cold and crappy here today. And my son's laptop (which was given to us on its last leg) just died, and he's not a happy boy. Nothing is working! I'm almost afraid to attempt the laundry.

No comments: