Friday, August 24, 2007

Leave my freakin' drink alone!

This annoys me: when I leave half of my drink on the table and have to get up to do something (I always have to get up from dinner to do something) and I come back to find my drink gone. My husband doesn't usually clear the table (although he does do the dishes), but when he does he has this terrible habit of pouring out the remainder of my drink. What the hell? Leave my drink alone! He leaves drinks sitting all over the place for hours and I don't bother them. Yet it's open season on my beverage if I walk away from it for ten minutes. I feel like I have to be Mad-Eye Moody - constant vigilance!





Is it such a hardship to just ask before pouring something out?



This brings me to another pet peeve - I really can't stand being in a restaurant where the waiters hover, giving the clear impression that you're talking too much or eating too slow and would you please leave now but give me a nice tip even though I'm pushing you out the door.



Anyway, back to the matter at hand: my drink. What makes it worse is that since I've been trying my hardest to wean us all off of unhealthy foods, sugar has been the number one thing to go. So that means we have no sodas or juices or sugary anything liquid in the house. I bought some cold-brew iced tea bags and I've been sweetening them with alternative sweeteners - Agave or Stevia. These sweeteners, because they are all natural, are very expensive. So it adds insult to injury to waste half a glass of a drink sweetened with these products.

Whatever - husbands, you've been put on notice. When you see a drink on the table, leave the damned thing alone unless you've verified and confirmed and gotten orders in triplicate to take them away. Otherwise, you may very well bring on Armageddon.

No comments: