Friday, August 17, 2007

Go ahead and laugh

Around one o'clock this morning I was awakened to a blaring, beeping noise. I shot out of bed, head whipping around, and then I realized where it was coming from. It was the alarm on the back door. Frantic, I woke DH (which is like waking a zombie) and yelled, "The alarm!" We both raced downstairs to check the back door.

Now let me just pause here to point out that we were completely unarmed. What the HELL did we think we were going to do to an intruder in our jammies, half asleep, with our bare hands? I turned on the light at the base of the stairs and...nothing there. DH went to the back door to find it locked, and he turned off the alarm. Now we were really freaked out - what tripped the alarm? I checked the front door and it was locked as well. I should also not that I keep the proper doors AND the screen doors locked in the front and back of the house. The chances of someone getting in without being heard long before the alarm goes off are very slim.

Anyway, we searched around and...

About a week ago, Phil installed some roll-up blinds because of the curtain-breaking incident. When he did this, we realized that when fully up, the blinds lean right against the alarm. It's usually not an issue, but if the door is open, and then we slide it closed without lifting the blinds a little, the other piece of the alarm hits it. So one day I forgot, closed the door and a little piece of the alarm, which is just held on with mounting tape, came off. DOH! I was able to stick it back on, but apparently it wasn't stuck enough. The little piece fell off last night, broke the connection and tripped the alarm.

But good to know our reflexes are so sharp that we took forever spinning our wheels before finally doing the stupidest thing possible. ROFLMAO!!

No comments: