Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My New Zen

It's not the most up-to date MP3 player, but I just got the Creative Zen and I'm liking it immensely. I had an older generation Zen for about 2 years now and it never gave me a moment's grief, so I wanted to try upgrading. The newer Zen has a nice big screen, can handle video and pictures, along with all the other past features: FM radio, voice recording, etc.

Some cool new things: It has an organizer and alarm clock, and best of all expandable memory! With a standard SD card, you can have virtually unlimited memory. This is really nice because the software comes with Audible, so I'm pretty excited to start a new audio book library.

The controls take a bit of getting used to with this little cutie, but I was able to get the hang of basic operations without having to consult the user guide on my computer. The updated version of the Media Explorer is way easier to use than the old MediaSource. My playlists actually make sense now!

The sound is great, but I never had any complaints about the sound on my old Zen. I love the screen colors - bright enough to be very attractive, but easy on the eyes. The font is also a good size, so I'm not squinting to read what I'm doing.

Creative makes a reliable and cost efficient product. Definitely worth serious consideration.

And here's a pic of my new baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow on the SD memory bit, that's great. Plus video screen for the win! :D